Customized courses for non-union workers and leaders focus on key areas of employment law and health and safety regulations for growing industries across Illinois. All workshops utilize interactive teaching methods and are collective processes that involve an exploration and deepening of knowledge gained from shared life experiences.
Past workshops have included:
- Leadership development
- Organizing 101
- Organizing and facilitating meetings
- Workers’ rights and immigrants’ rights
- Wage theft and misclassification
- Workers’ rights and construction jobs
- Workers’ rights and healthcare jobs
- Classes can be held in the Labor Education Program office or at a partner organization’s site.
All classes can be taught in Spanish or English.
For information on scheduling classes, contact Alison Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org